Friday, August 23, 2013

Free Money Friday - Capital One 360

It's time for another Free Money Friday!   First and foremost, thanks to everyone for the support and positive feedback on this new blogging adventure.  I've only rolled this out to a limited group at this point, but have gotten a number of really kind responses.  I appreciate all of you!  One that sticks with me is a friend who told me that the blog was great, that I am so good at this stuff, and he wishes he were.  I responded that he can be.  That's the whole point of this.  Anyone can do this stuff, and I want to make it even easier for everyone.  You don't have to be a financial genius, you just need to be aware of things and keep it on your mind.

Now, it's time for the free money of the week:)  Many years ago (when CD interest rates where around 5.5%, sigh....), my sister introduced me to INGdirect.  They offered great interest rates on savings accounts and CDs, and the online site linked easily to any checking account for easy, quick transfers back and forth.  In 2012, INGdirect was merged into Capital One, becoming Capital One 360.  The name is different, but everything else is the same.  

Through my referral link, you can get your hands on some free money:

The link will show you the account options and your bonuses, but just to give an overview of the bonus amounts and account types:

  • $25 bonus for opening a savings account.  "No fees, no minimums, and no need to change banks."  I have a savings account with them, and right now the interest is .75% APY which is better than either of my CDs!  Their rates are continuously competitive.  Check out www.bankrate.com to see how interest rates for savings accounts (and anything else!) compare.
  • $50 bonus for opening a checking account.  "No fees and no minimums."
  • For those with kids, $25 bonus for opening kids savings accounts.  "No fees, no minimums, and kids get their own sign-in information."  I love this!  What a great way to start kids on the right track with money.  

The referral offer doesn't have an expiration date, but I always recommend taking advantage of these opportunities quickly because you never know how long they'll keep the offers open for.

Visit CapitalOne360 for more information.  Happy Free Money Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment