Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekend Recap

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.  After another crazy work week for both of us, we stayed in on Friday and took advantage of the Papa John's Superbowl Deal and got a credit for a free pizza for next time.

Saturday was cleaning and starting to train for the two half marathons I'm running this spring.  My boyfriend suggested we see Lone Survivor, which sounded good to me.  In typical saver style, I told him that I had a certificate from Coke Rewards for one AMC Theatres ticket and a soda. When he went to redeem it, they actually gave us both tickets, which was unexpected but appreciated.

When we got to the theater, there were signs that if you text BEST to 242424, they text you back with a certificate for a free small popcorn.  They replied back with it right away, one time use, valid until March 6.  It's an AMC Theatres nationwide promotion, so make sure you take advantage of it if you have an AMC Theatres near you.

We weren't really hungry so we enjoyed our soda and held off on the popcorn, but have it to use for next time.  My boyfriend marveled that the entire movie experience was free.  It's nice when he appreciates my saving ways :)

Lone Survivor was amazing.  I highly recommend it.  The acting was top notch and the story completely draws you in.  The fact that the story is true makes it even more emotional and at times painful to watch. From what I'm told, it was an accurate portrayal of the SEAL culture and overall what happened.  I was in disbelief of the comm failures that took place, but I'm told that sadly those failures are not that uncommon. The film is a great tribute to the brave men of Operation Red Wings and a look into the struggles faced by the heroic men and women of the United States military.

Sunday was errands, cleaning, and then going to our friends' place to watch the Super Bowl.

How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment